Downtown Alton Chili Cook-Off
Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020
Below you will find info for last year’s event, check back soon for full details on 2020!
Alton Main Street invites you to join the fun at the Downtown Alton Chili Cook-Off, to be held on Saturday, October 19th from Noon until 3:00 p.m. in the valet parking lot of Argosy Casino – right on Alton’s beautiful riverfront!
The Chili Cook-Off is a great civic event that encourages local chili chefs (both amateur & professional) to match their favorite recipe with others in similar categories in this fiery competition!
Judges will award $100 prizes to winners in 4 categories: Individual, Organization, Business, and Restaurant. The team was chosen as “People’s Choice” will receive the coveted silver ladle & plaque and bragging rights. In addition to awards for the best chili, we are also giving a $100 prize for the best-decorated booth, so come prepared to put your theme as well as your chili on display!
Congratulations to Peoples’ Choice Winner – The Fountains of Godfrey!
- Happy Heffer – Erin Heil
- Mike Ramsey – WINNER!
- Paul Stover
- McRoberts Family
- Maggie Roy
- Aaron Martin
- U.S. Army Alton Career Center
- Friends of Monica Bristow – WINNER!
- Lewis and Clark Community College
- Alton Fire Department
- Trinity’s Way
- Parrot Heads of the Riverbend
- The Big Z – 94.3FM / WBGZ Radio
- The Fountains of Godfrey – WINNER!
- 1st Mid-America Credit Union
- Kings of Kulivance
- Auto 1
- Olive Oil Marketplace
- Imperial Manufactuting
- The Old Bakery Beer Company
- The Schoolhouse Grill at Senior Services Plus – WINNER!
- Hops House at Argosy Casino
- Bossanoca Restaurant & Lounge